The study team gathered community feedback in a variety of different manners. Project data was combined from MAG, City of Phoenix, and MCDOT data sources.
In addition to open houses, public comments were collected from community surveys, social media, small working groups, and a Laveen comment map where citizens could leave comments on a specific locale or general transportation issues.
Funding was provided by Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG), City of Phoenix and Maricopa County Department of Transportation.
Residents living in the Laveen South Mountain community, in addition to those who work and visit the area, will benefit from improved transportation facilities that will make the community more accessible to all.
- Roadway widening (additional lanes to increase capacity)
- New or improved crossing over the Salt River
- Right-of-way preservation for possible future roadway improvements
- Drainage improvements
- Pedestrian and bicycle connections
- Improvements to key intersections
- Coordination with planning and design of SR-30